With the successful closing of 26 transactions, 2021 was another outstanding year for Sheridan Capital Partners. Thank you to our team, portfolio companies, and partners across the industry for their ongoing contributions and collaboration as we expand our healthcare footprint. We are excited about our continued growth and momentum, and we look forward to working with many of you in 2022.
• Closed two new platform investments
• Completed 23 add-on acquisitions
• Exited investment in Canadian Orthodontics Partners
• Nick Rowland promoted to Partner
• Hired four new team members
DAS Health delivers high quality Health Information Technology (HIT), MSP, cybersecurity, RCM medical billing, value-based care, patient engagement, compliance, and practice management solutions. DAS also completed two add-ons: Itentive, LLC and ITelagen, LLC. Both acquisitions bolster DAS Health’s ability to provide a full suite of healthcare IT management solutions and services to physician practices and hospitals.
SimiTree Healthcare helps post-acute care and behavioral health providers grow stronger and healthier by optimizing operations and revenue while maintaining clinical excellence. SimiTree offers revenue cycle management, outsourced coding, data analytics, talent management solutions, and consulting services. SimiTree recently announced the acquisition of Miami-based Imark Billing in a strategic expansion of revenue cycle management services.
• Atlantic Vision Partners, a vision practice management company, providing ophthalmic, optometric, and optical services throughout the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast, completed seven add-ons and now serves patients at 35+ clinics and ASCs.
• Dermatologists of Central States, a dermatology practice management company, completed two add-ons and now has partner practice clinics in seven states across the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic.
• Empower PT, a physical therapy management company supporting outpatient physical therapy clinics throughout the Southwestern U.S, recently expanded its presence in Southern California with the addition of six new practices.
• Oral Surgery Partners, an established provider to oral diagnostic and surgical practices across the Midwest and Southeast, completed six add-ons and now provides services in six states.
• SpendMend, a spend visibility and cost containment solution for hospitals and health systems, expanded its capabilities in cost cycle management through the acquisition of Moody Associates.
• Tarrytown Expocare, a national long-term care pharmacy that serves individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (“IDD”), completed the acquisition of Pharm-Care, Inc. and now provides services in 13 states.
Sheridan Capital Partners is pleased to announce the promotion of Nick Rowland to Partner. Prior to joining Sheridan in 2017 as a Vice President, Nick held positions at Providence Equity Partners, MidOcean Partners, and Deutsche Bank in New York City. He currently serves on the boards of Sheridan portfolio companies SpendMend and Empower Physical Therapy.
Joe Miu joined Sheridan as Director of Human Resources, Operations Group. Joe will work directly with portfolio company management teams to optimize human resources and talent acquisition functions.
Prior to joining Sheridan, Joe worked as a Senior Manager at Deloitte’s Human Capital Practice in Chicago. While at Deloitte Joe assisted clients design their HR operating models with focuses on talent acquisition, total rewards strategy and HRIS optimization. Joe started his career at Baker Tilly in their Human Capital practice. Joe earned a BS in Business Administration from University of Wisconsin-Madison and holds a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.
James McManus joined Sheridan in October as Controller. James has highly relevant experience in private fund taxation that will be immediately additive to SCP’s infrastructure.
Prior to joining Sheridan, James worked as an Accounting Manager at Chicago Atlantic Group. Prior to his role at Chicago Atlantic, James was a senior accountant at a middle-market market private equity firm. James began his career at Deloitte within their asset management tax practice. James earned a BS in Economics and a BA in History from the College of Charleston. James holds a Master of Accounting and Taxation from the University of Wisconsin. James is also a licensed CPA in Illinois.
Sheridan is also pleased to announce the addition of two executive assistants to the Sheridan team, Natasha Karpasov and Danielle Browne.
Prior to joining Sheridan, Natasha worked as an executive assistant at Bain Capital in Boston, Crown Family Philanthropies, and The Chicago Council on Global Affairs. She began her career in fundraising for Chicago non-profits. Natasha earned a BA from Loyola University in Chicago.
Danielle most recently worked as an Engagement Manager at 425 S. Financial Place and was responsible for building leasing and facility management. She began her career in hospitality and event planning at The Chicago Club. Danielle earned a BA from Indiana University.
Sheridan Capital Partners is a Chicago-based healthcare private equity firm that focuses on lower middle market buyouts and growth equity in the U.S. and Canada. Sheridan partners with companies in the verticals of providers and provider services, healthcare IT and outsourced services, and consumer health and medical products, bringing strategic resources to accelerate growth, build enduring value, and achieve strong results.